Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Technologically Illiterate Teachers

I thought this blog was very interesting. I completely agree that teachers should know about technology and adapt to the changes that come about with it. How can we expect teachers to instruct kids if they are unable to it for themselves?

I agree with the statement that was given, "If a teacher today is not technologically literate - and is unwilling to make the effort to learn more - it's equivalent to a teacher 30 years ago who didn't know how to read and write." This is so true because times are changing so much and it's to the point now that computers are a big part of our everyday life. When I read this blog it reminded me of some of the teachers here at South and the knowledge they have about Foliotek. They expect us to be able to do it when they have no knowledge at all about it themselves.

No comments: