Sunday, November 30, 2008

Plusses and Minuses of Blogs

After having to do my own blog and reading the one of Amelia Perkins I become to think that blogs have more pluses than minuses. When we first started this class I didn't really know what a blog was let alone how to use one. Through this course though it has gave me the opportunity to share views on various podcast assignments as well as our other assignments.

Some of the pluses of blogging is being able to communicate with others in your class as well as others around the world. I know that by us having to find others blogs about different schools and various other things it has opened a whole new view for me. I didn't realize blogs were so popular. Blogging also serves as a good tool for teachers to use with their students. Blogs allow students to communicate with their teachers, check assignments, as well as posting homework assignments for the students. I could go on and on about the pluses of blogging.

I don't think their are many minuses about blogging. Maybe one problem you may run into is that you don't know how to use the blogs or are unfamiliar with a computer. Blogs for the most part are very beneficiary to students and I really feel they are a good tool.

As a future educator I believe I will be using blogs in my classroom. We have already had to set up our "Teaching Tools" blog and I think I will continue to update it and allow my students and their parents to access it. Blogs are an easy way to keep in contact with your parents and keep them involved with whats going on with their children.

No comments: